Starting with oneself, but not ending with oneself,
starting from oneself, but not striving towards oneself:
being oneself, but not dealing with oneself.
Martin Buber (1878-1965) Martin Buber (1878-1965).
Mostly I work with clients for about 3 months, it takes more or less 6 sessions to work through a specific theme. Sometimes more themes occur that are connected and clients have the wish to continue the sessions.
The sessions are aimed on changing and improving ones personal functioning, improving his or her quality of life.
The first sessions involves getting to know each other and agreeing on what to focus on for the next sessions.
As I have a broad range of tools we will see to find the best fit for the client, so s/he will also be able to apply these tools also in other moments in life.
What problems do I work with?
- Feelings of depression and/or anxiety
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Common problems (relationship, family)
- Relationship problems: having difficulty establishing and maintaining relationships
- Personal development: meaning and purpose questions
- Work-related problems: career planning, overworked / burnout, problems during study, fear of failure
- Physical: chronic illness, pregnancy, miscarriage, moderate alcohol and drugs use
- Mourning and loss
I have been trained by therapists from different schools of psychotherapy. These forms are all intertwined.
- Client Centered therapy
- Cognitive therapy
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Solutions Oriented therapy
In addition to these forms, I have also trained and am interested in ‘alternative medicine’.
Treatment agreement (download, can be partially completed digitally)